Happy Thanksgiving, my Skinthusiasts! I don’t know about you, but I’ve eaten myself into a state of self-loathing. And my post-prandial blood-tryptophan/alcohol levels have rendered me barely functional. But regardless, the shopping begins NOW. As this is the week for giving thanks, my mind is on holiday gifting. Dermstore is offering their best ever deal with a 30% Black Friday Sale through November 24th – Code : FRIDAY. Some participating brands are giving a lesser discount so caveat emptor but the majority is at 30%.
For inspiration, here is my Gift Guide, as well as products on my personal wishlist and a little replenishment! From stocking stuffers to “say it with love” lux presents, everything I have chosen is part of the 30% sale group (because I’m sick of 20%).
1. By Terry Baume de Rose $24. This notoriously luxurious rose balm is on another level of lip balms. If this little pot dropped out of one of my ornaments, there would be squeals.
2. Beauty Blender Midas Touch Makeup Duo $25 Anyone who wears makeup needs this in their life. This ornament contains a beauty blender and a solid cleanser. Solid stocking stuffer for any beauty lover.
3. Harper + Ari Exfoliating Sugar Cubes $22 An irresistibly delicious body product that is so pretty to look at and which your skin will also love. These sugar cubes will exfoliate and simultaneously moisturize. One cube for the entire body and does not crumble awkwardly during use! Also great for taking a few cubes on travels. My favourite scent is the tangerine!
4. Farmhouse Fresh Strawberry Smash Double Moisturizer $27 The super charming, hand-crafted packaging from this natural brand makes these products ridiculously giftable. But this is a beautiful dual action body moisturizer which mixes a strawberry aloe gel with a shea butter cream. This deliciousness also comes with a wooden spoon.
5. Aquis Lisse Luxe Hair Towel $30 I am getting multiples of these to distribute as small gifts to everyone. This is a luxuriously comfortable, crazy absorbent, silky, soft towel that wraps around your wet hair when it’s most vulnerable and dries it faster, gentler and with decreased frizz. Gamechanger.
6. Peter Thomas Roth Mask-a-holic Kit $75 ($241 value) This set is such good value particularly with the 30% discount. PTR masks are exceptional and I’ve enjoyed every single one in this set. 5 divine masks and a seriously cool silicone ‘mask tasker’ that applies, massages and removes your mask.
7. Zents Water Concreta $42 Honestly, I love all the concretas. I fell in love with these botanical balms a decade ago before all these other natural brands came on the scene. These luxurious balms are full of beautiful active botanicals to moisturize extra dry areas of the body, the lips and will also nourish the ends of your hair. The scents are elegant and euphoric, not the typical hippy kind of smell.
8. Skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Face Gels – 8 pcs $35 These patches are seriously effective. They are cooling on the skin but also immediately smoothing just like their eye gels. You rarely find patches for the forehead and smile lines that do it all. They’re are full of peptides and will smooth, soften, firm as well as hydrate.
9. Marvis 7 days of Flavour – 7 Pieces $36 I never imagined I could get excited about toothpaste until I used Marvis. To this day, my favourite toothpaste of all time is the Jasmine flavour. I am gifting me, myself & I with this as I’ve always wanted to try every single flavour. And because teeth-brushing should be a luxurious experience too.
10. Slip Beauty Sleep Collection Gift Set – 2pc ($124 value) $109 I keep banging on about these silk pillowcases but it’s a gamechanger. No sleep creases, no bed-head nor hair falling everywhere when I sleep. The sleep mask is luxuriously pillowy and comfortable. Plus, it blocks light from affecting your sleep patterns and doesn’t absorb any of your skincare.
11. Foreo Get Up & Glow (3pcs) $39 I reviewed another Foreo holiday set last year with the Luna 2 and the 2 cleansers in this set. Foreo is the only cleansing tool I actually use IRL because the silicone makes it far more hygienic and it is more about massage than exfoliation. I actually find that it doesn’t exfoliate but leaves the skin with more circulation and clean. The morning cleanser is non-foaming and gentle while the evening cleanser is also gentle but has a clarifying and exfoliating effect. The Luna play is a smaller size but better at getting into the nooks and contours of the face.
Specifically For the Dudes!
- Menscience Androceuticals Travel Kit 10-pc TSA Complient $86 This is the kind of thing I wish was available for women! Menscience is a great skincare brand for men. Infact, I curated it a looooong time ago. This travel dopp kit contains everything you need for travel from fash wash to shampoo and deoderant and shaving essentials.
- Jack Black The Balm Squad – 4pcs ($30 value) $25 Ok this is actually not dude-specific because these are some of the best lip balms around and alot of women have caught on to that. But every guy I know is a compulsive lip balm applier and this will keep them stocked for a while. The flavours are also delicious! This also has SPF, a huge plus.
- Remington Virtually Indestructible Barbershop Clipper – 11 pcs $59.99 One of my most impeccably well-groomed friends asked for this for their birthday and loves it so much! So I’m adding this in!
- Proraso Vintage Toccassana Tin – Sensitive Formula – 4pc $32 Old-school Italian Barber shop gent sensibility about it. Great Italian shaving brand and this vintage set in a collectible tin packaging is perfecto for gifting. Comes with Pre-Shaving Cream, Shaving Cream and After-Shave Balm. Aimed at soothing, calming red, irritated skin with Green Tea and Oatmeal!
- Proraso Vintage Collection Gino Tin – Refreshing & Toning Formula – 3pc $32 This is the regular version for all skin types with an even more fabulous collectible vintage tin! Non-irritating or harsh formulas, this includes a Pre-Shaving Cream, a refreshing Shaving Cream & After-Shave Balm that is hydrating and alcohol-free.
- Triumph and Disaster It’s A Mess Ain’t It Sheriff Kit – 3 pc $69 Luxurious hair care set for men. This set includes a Mint Shampoo, Mint and Cucumber Conditioner and styling clay. These formulas are sulfate-free, mostly natural, contains sustainably sourced ingredients like argan oil and hydrolyzed keratin.
- Marvis 7 days of Flavour – 7 Pieces $36 I already mentioned this set but alot of guys I know love these tooth pastes! The Mint one is particularly popular.
Recommendations, Replenishments & Wishlist
1. RMS Beauty Beauty Oil $78 One of my favourite oil blends. Luxurious, organic and glow inducing. This has a base of Jojoba and rosehip oils, as well as Buriti and Tamanu with beautiful botanical extracts, licorice root, St. Johns Wort and Turmeric. It’s a light, balancing and fast absorbing oil. Highly recommended.
2. Briogeo Scalp Revival Tea Tree and Charcoal Scalp Treatment $32 One of my favourite scalp serums. Completely changed the health of my scalp and hair. I no longer have irritation, excess oiliness or dandruff. I am restocking this!
3. BeautyRx Skincare Solar Defense Sheer Sunscreen SPF 50 $42 Came highly recommended by my Instagram friends @beauty_unplugged and @goalstogetglowing so I need to try this!
4. HUM Nutrition Runway Ready $35 This combination of supplements have made an immediate difference to the strength of my nails and I don’t feel like I’m losing as much hair everyday. I also need to replenish this for upcoming travel. Easy individual packaging!
5. Vichy Mineral 89 $29.50 During the summer, this was a hydrating moisturizer that I layered under sunscreen. In the Winter, this layers under moisturizer and keeps my skin from drying out! This feels identical to the Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Concentrate. Need to replenish!
6. Sacha Juan Dry Powder Shampoo $20 Sale time stock-up of my favourite dry shampoo/texture spray. I go through these fast and always like knowing I have enough of it.
7. Koh Gen Doh Maifanshi Moisture Foundation $66 One of my all-time favourite and best ever foundations in existence. This is skin perfection. Light-weight, looks like perfect skin, undetectable makeup. Super elegant formula in a little tube. Sale-time stock-up!
8. Jouer Best of Nudes Mini Lip Creme Set – 8 pcs $34 This is my pressie for me. I love a nude lip and Jouer does some really good ones. I also really like their lip creme formula. I’ve been coveting this.
9. La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen $33.50 This is the time I will replenish alot of my La Roche Posay products, sunscreen being a priority. I love this one!
10. Briogeo Ultimate Hair Goals Best of Briogeo Holiday Kit – 4 pcs $39 Briogeo hair care came onto my radar in a big way this year. I am really loving their products and I’ve wanted to try every single product in this set! The sizes are also perfect for me to bring on my upcoming holiday travels!
11. iS Clinical Cleansing Complex $42 Been hearing great things about this cleanser from some of my Instagram tribe, in particular @skinminimalist raves about this so I kinda need to try!
Other Dermstore Sales :
Nov 25 – 26 : Cyber Weekend Up to 25% Off Code : WEEKEND
Nov 27 : Cyber Monday Up to 25% off Code : MONDAY
Happy Haulidays, everyone!